Friday, June 24, 2011

Lumps and Bumps

Following a check-up with the local hospital Dermatologist and the subsequent biopsy results I was told that I had several areas of skin cancer on my face, head and ear and that they all needed to be removed. This was the payback for all that sunshine I subjected my body to while working in the Middle East for many years and not heeding the advice of using adequate protection. Macho Man strikes again!
To cut a long story short, I priced around, found a reasonably priced, reputed Plastic Surgeon and had them removed. (Due to the Family rating – Photos on request) About 1 hour and a bit on the operating table, a few deft slices and a dozen or so stitches and voile! No, not a good-as-new face but a face that would put Rocky in the shade. One week later, stitches removed, a few words of encouragement and back in a week for the laboratory results. Fingers crossed they got it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to add your comments, ideas, constructive suggestions and gripes as you see fit. Thanks